Ilam Parish Council Annual General Meeting
09 July 2020 Fountain Cottage
C Sellers , L Oulsnam ,C Hibbert-Foy, V Nottage , R Wain , N Taylor , K Warrington
Apologies : P Watson
· Minutes of the meeting held on 08 May 2019 were read and signed as true and correct
· C Sellers was nominated and seconded as chair and elected unopposed
· L Oulsnam was nominated and seconded as vice-chair and elected unopposed
Outgoing Chairwoman’s Report
· C Sellers reported that significant progress has been made during the year .
· The double yellow lines have helped significantly during lockdown with increased visitors to the village
· She thanked the councillors, the clerk and District Councillor Wain for all their efforts and support and dedication to duty
Financial Report :
· All accounts , receipts and payment summaries , internal audits and accounting statements viewed , verified and signed by C Sellers witnessed by the council
· Precept for this year discussed and agreed to keep the precept at £800 .
· C Sellers & The Council would like to thank Bob Sellers & Brenda & John for their
Work in the village and maintaining flowers in the monument .
· A parishioner has reported that people visiting the village are blocking Mrs M Warrington pathway which means she has no access . C Sellers to look into the possibility of extending double yellow lines nr the council houses
· Enquire about lines being repainted at the end of Ilam Hall drive and also by the monument
· Enquire about possibility of having 30 signs for the village as we are having cars speeding through the village
· Vera & Carolyn would like bulbs to plant ready for spring
· Discussed planting a red rose for the tyre feature in the village . C Sellers to purchase & Thank you to Nigel for looking after the plants in the tyre
· Still having rubbish and barbeques in the village but NT are doing a good job of collecting rubbish
· Planter opposite Town End Cottage is constantly being filled with rubbish / dog poo bags so discussed where a better place for would be prevent this from happening .