ILAM PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES
21 April 2016 @ 7:00 pm Ilam School
Present - T Prince, L Oulsnam, R Wain, C Sellers, V Nottage, P Watson (Clerk)
Apologies - S Hudson
This was a special meeting to discuss Councillor Hibbert-Foy’s relisted planning application NP/SM/0915/0895. At the time the meeting was arranged the Peak Park had requested comments no later than 28 April. However, since then Peak Park has extended the deadline for comments to 12 May, after the next full Parish Council meeting. So the Council’s comments will be finalised at the next meeting on 10 May and sent to Peak Park immediately after.
The Councillors discussed the plans and agreed on certain comments they will make. However, there were some issues on which consensus was not reached and these will be further discussed and, if necessary voted on, at the next meeting. The next meeting will also give the opportunity for interested members of the public to attend as observers and address the meeting if they so wish and the Chairman agrees.
The comments that the Council agreed on were:
● At each evening event there should be at least one staff member (excluding catering staff) for every 30 guests.
● One staff member should have specific responsibility for ensuring that doors are kept closed at all times except when guests are entering and exiting.
● Another staff member should have specific responsibility for managing parking.
● All picking up and setting down by coaches should be in the yard and not on the road.
● All music should finish by 11:30 p.m.
● All non-resident guests should leave the venue by midnight.
● The daytime recreation area should be in a field behind the buildings and not adjacent to the road.
The Council failed to reach consensus regarding:
● Whether the Council recommend to Peak Park that the decision should go to Committee.
● The maximum number of evening events to be held each year.
● The maximum number of attendees at any event.
Next Meeting - 10 May 2016 (AGM).